Interested in becoming a member of our competitive gymnastics team? Please inquire at the front deskt for details. See below for some tips that can help be successful at Universal Gymnastics Academy
- Make sure to check gymnastics board in UPAC lobby for time and address of meet site. Arrive at meet at a minimum of 30 minutes prior to start time to allow for stretching.
- Ensure the gymnast has the team leotard and liner.
- Team gym bag is necessary for nonspill water bottle, grips (if needed), any hair items (if needed), and a light dry snack that is not messy (ie: does not make crumbs easily)
- Obtain team warm-ups (which make excellent christmas gifts by the way) early since we may not have any in stock. Do not forget to have warm up and bags properly embroidered with gymnast name. See front desk for details and position.
- Hair in French Braid or secure to head ponytail. There are multiple ways to achieve this, please see the coach if you have any questions.
- No make up or false finger nails, and only a light application of silver glitter allowed on face and in hair.
- No jewerly
- Only plain, small post or studd earrings are allowed
- USAG Team membership rules designate that gymnast stay through the entire awards ceremony whenever possible. Coaches will try to attend award ceremonies when possible, but may be unable if coaching a subsequent competition session.
- Any and all body adhesive, jewerly removal, hair preperation and glitter will be applied and finalized before the child goes to the coach for competition. Once the coach has your child, they are in team focus and no one is to interfere. Any problems arise, the coach will come get you.
- Make sure to visit the restroom prior to meeting the coach
Keep your gymnast relaxed. Parents should have their gymnast focused on having a great competition experience. Supporting your gymnast to have fun to try to do their best.
Gymnast should focus on self improvement. Gymnasts should be focused on the competition, not on other things such as clothing or hair. Any awards are an exciting bonus. However, as long as you are improving that is all your parents and coaches desire.
Above all, we want you to love what you do and have fun